Congratulations - you're planning an event!
The Event Planning Form (EPF), below, is an educational tool to ensure that Chapters and Associations have the necessary information and tasks accomplished in order to hold fun and safe events. This includes making sure that contracts are reviewed and are mutually agreeable to the Chapter/Association's interests. The form also provides assistance and guidance with navigating more complex events.
This form should be submitted for events that have any of the following aspects:
- A contract/agreement with a third party is required and will be signed by the host Chapter/Association.
- Alcohol will be permitted/present at the event.
- The event is an ICR event and/or anticipated attendance will be more than three times the Chapter/Association size, including Members.
- The event requires transportation (Transportation provided by host or attendees or arranged with a third-party vendor.)
- Evidence of insurance (or an additional insured added to a certificate of insurance) is required.
- Any athletic activity that has the potential for injury. (The Chapter or Association hosting the event shall collect liability waivers and emergency contact forms prior to the beginning of the event.)
- Animals will be a part of the event.
- The event will be held/activities will take place on the water. i.e. kayaking, tubing, paddle boats, a boat, a dinner cruise, a yacht, etc.
- The event is co-sponsored with another Chapter/Association or organization.
- The event has been held in the past with an incident.
For Chapter events that do not meet the above criteria, a planning process should be completed to ensure:
- The Chapter understands the organization's policies and procedures related to the event.
- The event meets budget guidelines.
- The event has Chapter approval and can be placed on the Chapter calendar
Event planning forms must be submitted a minimum of 30 days in advance of the event in order to allow for appropriate time for review, necessary event modifications and processing. If this form is submitted less than 30 days in advance of the event, a representative will follow up your Chapter/Association to discuss next steps.
Please provide all requested information and electronically sign the form at the end. As you complete the form, guidelines and requirements for planning the event will automatically appear throughout. By submitting this form, you agree that your Chapter/Association will abide by all guidelines and requirements listed. You will receive a receipt of your responses via email after submission. If you have questions about completing the form, please email riskmanagement@