A regional conference is an event that is hosted by one or more chapters within one of Phi Sigma Pi's 19 regions. The purpose of a regional conference is simple. It's an event where members can gather to exchange ideas and attend informational seminars.
Some of the reasons for having a regional conference include:
- Self/Chapter Improvement
- Meeting other members
- Discuss local, regional, and National issues
- National Convention/Grand Chapter may be too far apart to properly address any chapter and/or regional concerns
- All seminars and discussions are among members who at one time or another have either experienced what is being discussed or been involved with helping other members/chapters in similar situations
Some of the things members get from attending a regional conference include:
- Idea exchange on many topics such as improving Rush/Initiation programs, profitable fundraisers, how to combat apathy in your chapter, promoting the Fraternity on your campus, or better service event suggestions.
- You can build better bonds of Brotherhood with local chapters. This can lead to faster help with future issues and to chapter visits that will show a better picture of the Fraternity to Brothers, both new and old.
- It might lead to inter-chapter events. These combined events would cut costs for each chapter involved, which would lead to better prizes for fundraisers, more profitable fundraisers, more manpower for service events, networking for future events and job opportunities and the fostering of closer bonds within the Brotherhood.
- Participants can take what they have learned back to their chapters to help solve problems or make improvements. Brothers will also be more knowledgeable on various aspects of the Fraternity and can help other Brothers at a future date.
- They simply can make better Brothers out of all of us!
Every year 19 regional events are scheduled for and by the undergraduate and alumni Brothers. This is opportunity for Brothers to meet their neighboring chapters and experience Brotherhood outside of their campus community.
The National Office supports regional conferences through reimbursement up to $500 per regional event. For more information, please contact the assistant director of member services. Chapters desiring reimbursement must complete an application request form.