Starting a chapter of Phi Sigma Pi could be one of the most rewarding experiences of your college career. You will have opportunities to work hand-in-hand with your peers and the university towards a common goal, you will make lasting friendships, you will sharpen your leadership skills and the experience will give you a strong advantage as you pursue your professional career. However, creating a chapter takes commitment... it takes energy, enthusiasm, persistence and dedication to build a strong chapter. Like most things in life, the more you put into something the more you will get out of it. Phi Sigma Pi will provide you with ongoing support throughout this journey and together we will work to ensure a successful new chapter start-up.
Joining Phi Sigma Pi has many advantages. Choosing to start a chapter bestows those same advantages plus much, much more. Some of these advantages include:
- You will influence the lives of countless individuals, far exceeding those you will ever meet personally.
- You will get to take on the challenge of creating something new and building it from the ground up.
- You will be leaving your permanent mark, your legacy, on the campus in the form of a group of people that will continue to have a positive affect long after you have graduated.
- Starting a chapter will give you an excellent opportunity to meet people and to get involved with campus life.
- Unlike being a member of an existing chapter where you may not be able to fully participate as an officer or other leadership role for several semesters, with your new chapter you have immediate leadership opportunities.
- Since the new chapter has no history or traditions, you have a much greater ability to shape what the chapter does and how it operates. You will be in a position to immediately affect the direction of this new group.
- You will be in a unique and valuable position to help pour the foundation for a strong, meaningful and rewarding Phi Sigma Pi experience on your campus for years to come.
- You will have the sense of satisfaction that comes with knowing that you are creating something special on your campus.
- You will experience the honor that comes with being a founding member of a chapter of an organization that connects you with similar students at over 100 universities.
Additionally, in recognition of your initiative and leadership, Phi Sigma Pi will honor you with the title of "Founder" at the annual National Convention and in its publications. Being a Founder of a chapter means you are part of an elite and respected group. Your new chapter will also receive a $250 voucher from the National Office as our way of saying, "Welcome to the family!" And this is just the beginning of the warm welcome, encouragement and support that you will receive from our entire organization.
Ready to start a new chapter?