Grants support Phi Sigma Pi Alumni who are serving in the role of Teach For America Corps Teachers for one of the following two purposes:
- Grants to fund a new classroom initiative or program that will be used for the betterment of the education process.
- Grants to fund a classroom initiative to enhance the learning environment of each recipient.
||The grant amount is a minimum of $200.
||Grant funds may not be used to
- pursue degrees
- pay indirect costs, grant administration fees, or salaries
Applicants may not use grant funds to pay themselves stipends. Funds may not be used for lobbying and must meet school policies for programming/initiatives.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Applicants are encouraged to plan ahead. Applications are reviewed three times per year, every year.
|Application RECIEVED by
Please give careful attention to the timeline of your grant. Applications that include activities scheduled prior to the date of notification will not be considered.
Only grant recipients will be notified in writing. A list of grant recipients will be posted on the Phi Sigma Pi's website (www.phisigmapi.org).
||Grants will be distributed in one distribution with the grant made out to the name of the grantee and/or the Teach For America regional office.
||Applicants must be:
Members of the board of directors and immediate family members of the staff and board of the Phi Sigma Pi Foundation or the Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity are not eligible to receive grants.
- an alumnus/a of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity who graduated in good standing
- currently teaching as a Teach For America Corps Member
||Applicants may apply for one grant per application as many times as they wish.
Please adhere to the following submission instructions. Failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify the application.
Please complete the application.
Fiscal Agent Note: If no fiscal agent is designated on the application, grant funds will be made payable to the applicant and reported to the Internal Revenue Service if over $600. Because the grant funds may be considered taxable income, the applicant may wish to consult with his or her tax advisor before submitting the application. Applicants who elect to designate a fiscal agent are encouraged to consider their regional Teach For America office for this role.
Applications missing lead applicant data will not be considered.
Project Logistics: Provide an abstract/summary of your proposed work of 500 words or less. Failure to comply with the word limit may lead to disqualification of your application.
- What do you propose to teach through this project? How, where, and when will that learning be accomplished? Please specify any learning resources you plan to use and the time frame for your work.
- What is the need for such professional development? Describe the way you and your colleagues assessed the need, including the student work used in your process.
- How, when, where, and with whom will you share what you have learned?
- Provide a line-item budget for the proposed work. Individual grant requests must total a minimum of $200. Identify any additional support (cash or in-kind) that will be provided by other sources.
Mail your application to:
Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity
Attn: Teach For America Grants
2119 Ambassador Circle
Lancaster, PA 17603
Please do not staple or bind your application. Applications that do not comply with the guidelines or that include materials not specifically requested by Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity will not be reviewed.
Applications may also be submitted below, sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 717-390-3054.
- Posed learning is directly related to a clear and compelling student need.
- Proposed learning is likely to improve student achievement.
- Proposed initiative is likely to improve student achievement.
- Budget is appropriate to the proposed learning and sharing.
Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity may allocate a number of grants based in part on geographic considerations.
- Check your application for compliance with these guidelines.
- Check one grant category on the application.
- Assign a fiscal agent if desired.
- Obtain your principal’s or dean’s signature on the data sheet.
Failure to complete any of these items will disqualify your application.
Interested Brothers should submit applications to the National Office of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. Mail to: Phi Sigma Pi, ATTN: Teach For America Grants, 2119 Ambassador Circle, Lancaster, PA 17603, fax: 717-390-3054 or email: email@example.com.